I’ve been playing an eclectic blend of soulful dance music in NYC and around the world since the year 2000.
- 3/23 – Private disco jam
- 4/5 – Nightcap at Sisters with Prince Klassen
- 4/12 – Bougie Boogie at Le Boudoir with Cecily
- 4/19 – Wildlife: Earth Night at House of Yes
- Rocking a rock climbing gym in Seoul
- DJing for hundreds at a Cabaret on the River Seine in Paris
- Bringing Brooklyn vibes to an underground French club in Tokyo
- Headlining at the legendary Watergate club in Berlin
- More than 7 years straight DJing Sundays at Bembe in Williamsburg
- Playing the main room at Limelight during my first year DJing
- Opening for LTJ Bukem, one of my all-time DJ heroes at Cielo
- Dropping drum & bass at a school cafeteria by the mountains in Vienna
So I’ve been obsessed with music since grade school. It started with piano and guitar. Then, in high school, I discovered electronic music. I bought my first vinyl records in White Plains some time around 1997, before I even had a turntable to listen on. I finally bought one in 1998, and then the following year bought a second turntable and put down the guitar for good.
I started recording jungle/drum & bass mixtapes at home in 1999, and passed them around to as many established DJs and party people as I could find in NYC. I finally had my first DJ gig at Konkrete Jungle in May of 2000.
Over the years I eventually found my way to the deeper side of house, disco, funk, afrobeat, latin, reggae, and various electronic and bass-fueled rhythms. These days, I love to mix seamlessly through all of these tempos and genres to build a vibe throughout the night. I particularly thrive on six hour sets, and back to back jamming with some other fine DJ folk here in Brooklyn—especially Mickey Perez, Peter Matson, and Cecil B.
I’ve played records in Tokyo, Berlin, Paris, Vienna, Bristol, San Francisco, Miami, and Puerto Rico to name but a few. I’ve been lucky to grace the decks of legendary clubs like Cielo, Limelight, APT, Watergate, Batofar, Roxy, Le Baron Tokyo, and more―alongside legendary jocks like LTJ Bukem, Matthew Dear, Afrika Bambaata, and Robert Hood.
For than 7 years, I was the resident DJ promoter, and booking manager for Body Music, a weekly Sunday party at Bembe in Brooklyn featuring a rotating lineup of live music. On a typical night I’d play alongside the bands, seamlessly blending between live and DJ-led selections―building the vibe together. Some of NYC’s most talented musicians packed into the intimate, vibe-filled space including members of LCD Soundsystem, Matisyahu, Escort, Tortured Soul, Antibalas, the Daptone Records crew, and much more.
AFRIKA BAMBAATA, ROBERT HOOD, LTJ BUKEM等との共演、そしてＮＹのみならずマイアミ、サンフランシスコ、そして海を越えてベルリンやパリでも活躍。2005年より毎週日曜日には地元ブルックリンでライブミュージックとのコラボレーションのパーティー”BODY MUSIC : SUNDAYS AT BEMBE” をオーガナイズしている。
I also write copy.
I’ve been working as a copywriter in NYC and on the web since 2008. Here is some more about that.